• Genres: medical
      • Release date: March 29, 2016
      • Places: Salina, Kansas
      • ISBN: 9781632132246 (1632132249)
      • Language: english
      • Author: Darcy Leech
      • Publisher: eLectio Publishing

About The Book

Riveting, soulful, and courageously told, From My Mother is a meditation on grief, family, genetic disease and also a deeply personal account of the narrator’s coming-of-age amid medical crisis and tragedy to carry on the lessons from her mother to raise her young son. A story of loss, From My Mother is full of life, a story of beginnings as much as endings, a moving book that transforms suffering into art and inspiration. Darcy Leech was born to Jo Lyn Bartz, a mother who carried myotonic muscular dystrophy, a disease 1 in 8500 suffer from. Jo Lyn’s son, Dustin Ryan Bartz, was born with congenital muscular dystrophy with a high enough frequency of protein repeat mutations that of his 13 years of life, every day defied prior medical knowledge. Leech narrates a moving meditation of the enduring mysteries of what dormant harbingers of genetic disease may lurk within, the surprising possibilities in loss, and the deep resilience of the human spirit as the body weakens.

The narrative highlights the relationship between diseased mother and healthy daughter, revealing Jo Lyn as a woman of strength, a caretaker who quietly marched toward her own degenerative weakness, someone grappling for identity while ostracized by an invisible disease, and a resilient spirit who endured holding the child who inherited her genetic misfortune as he took his last breath. From My Mother is the honest story of finding joy through loss, living fully within limitations, and the universal struggle of grappling for identity against the device of innate genetic code through invested love and personal choice. From My Mother leaves the reader pondering the value of genetic testing, the beauty in a disease easy to accept as genetic fault, and the heart wrenching question of when life should be sustained by machine or ended by choice.

Hardcover ebook From My Mother Darcy Leech download on Walmart. TXT From My Mother read online reader. FB2 book From My Mother by Darcy Leech.

MP3 From My Mother buy cheap for Mac on Books-a-Million. FictionBook book From My Mother Darcy Leech buy on Amazon. MOBI ebook From My Mother read on iOS.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: From My Mother by Darcy Leech – read online – 9781632132246
Your information: