• Release date: July 12, 2018
      • Publisher: Anima
      • First published: July 2018
      • ISBN: 9781788541848 (1788541847)
      • Language: english
      • Author: Michelle Elman
      • Format: hardcover, 352 pages

About The Book

In today’s world of supplements, celebrity diets and social media, it’s very easy to be hard on ourselves about the way we look. With all this pressure to strive for ‘perfection’ aesthetically, it is easy to forget how damaging this can be psychologically. Michelle Elman is a leading part of the body positivity movement that has been gathering momentum to liberate people from these unrealistic standards, recognise that all bodies are equally valuable and broaden the billboard definitions of beauty.

Am I Ugly? is this inspiring woman’s compelling and deeply personal memoir that describes her childhood experiences of life-threatening health problems, long stays in hospital and fifteen complex surgeries that left her scarred, both mentally and physically. The narrative follows Michelle’s journey from illness to health, and from childhood to adulthood as she deals with her body-confidence issues to embrace both her scars and her body — and help others to do the same. This remarkable book grapples with the wider implications of Michelle’s experiences and the complex interplay between beauty and illness.

PDF Am I Ugly? Michelle Elman read. FictionBook ebook Am I Ugly? download on PocketBook on Amazon. EPUB book Am I Ugly? by Michelle Elman buy cheap PC. FB2 Am I Ugly? on Books-a-Million. Hardcover ebook Am I Ugly? read online for iPhone on Book Depository.

• #32037 Reply

nybassfed

Between North and South: The Letters of Emily Wharton Sinkler, 1842-1865 ~ Anne Sinkler Whaley Leclercq ~ 9781570034121

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: (Audiobook) Am I Ugly? · 9781788541848
Your information: